Heart of Gold Club
Become a member of The Heart of Gold Club and enjoy a host of activities, cheerful messages, inspirations and aspirations sure to stimulate learning and achievement.
The Heart of Gold Club is designed to grow the imagination and inspire a heart of kindness and giving. Each month we will feature a craft project, kindness challenge, fun recipe, free printable activity, and a downloadable journal page. Our goal is to bring the family together for quality time and also help build creative minds and strong characters within children.
Create keepsakes and cherished memories by joining the Heart of Gold Club! We want to encourage play-time and give kids the tools to develop a desire for giving and sharing with others. With our creative projects and challenges, we hope to inspire children to come up with their own creative ideas to give back and be kind to others.
With love & generosity we will live each day
May kindness be in every word we say
Whether we are young or old may we always have
A Heart of Gold
How It Works
Each month includes:
These projects are designed to get little hands moving and creating so that their imagination can come to life. Each month we will provide instructions on how to create a fun craft that may involve coloring, painting, upcycling, and much more! These projects are also meant to be shared! Whether creating it with a friend or turning it into a gift, our projects will encourage friendship and generosity.
Our tasty monthly recipe is designed to spark the five senses as the child creates something delicious:
- SEE the recipe and ingredients while learning about following instructions,
- TOUCH and feel the ingredients as they pour and stir up something yummy,
- SMELL the wonderful scent of sugar, spice, and everything nice,
- HEAR the timer buzz as they feel the joy of accomplishing a recipe,
- TASTE and enjoy the creation they have just made!
A call to action to discover new ways to be generous, kind, and excited about giving back. We have created simple and fun challenges for any child to accomplish and pay it forward.
The free printable journal page is designed to chronicle your child’s experiences in the Heart of Gold Club. Be sure to save your journal pages to look back and see the growth, creativity, and lessons learned throughout the year.
Scan and email your child’s monthly journal page to be entered to win our end-of-the-year grand prize! (one entry, per child, per month)
Submit your Journal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Play.Create.Grow.® reserves the right to use any journal submission on its website and social media pages.
Creative Hearts Craft: Apple Mason Jars
Hello Heart of Gold Club members! Welcome to the very first month of fun.
Play.Create.Grow.® knows how exciting the month of August can be, especially with everyone heading back to school. We have a very fun craft project this month that would be perfect for a teacher’s gift or something fun to sit on your desk at home.
Make these Apple Mason Jars that you can either fill with yummy candy or turn into a fun candle holder. Whether you decide to decoupage your mason jar or fill it with your favorite red candies, we know your Apple Mason Jar will be magnificent!
Make your August crafting extra special by creating two Apple Mason Jars, one for you to keep and one to give away to your teacher or friend. What a great gift idea to show off your Heart of Gold!
- 1 – Small Mason jar
- Light green Acrylic Paint and paint brush. (Can also use RUST-OLEUM® Satin Leafy Green Spray paint)
- 1 – 1” piece of a branch (Can also purchase a small wooden peg from your local craft store)
- 1 – Piece 2” x 2” light green construction paper
- 1 – Piece 2” x 2” dark green construction paper
- 1 – Sheet red tissue paper cut in small pieces
- Aleene’s® Decoupage glue
- Aleene’s® Tacky glue
- Gift Tag
- Paint lid using light green acrylic paint, or paint with Leafy Green spray paint. Let paint dry.
- Glue branch to center of lid.
- Cut two leaves with colored construction paper, and glue next to branch stem.
- Decoupage red tissue squares around Mason jar leaving the top of jar free of tissue paper, so that the lid can be placed on to the jar. Let glue dry.
- Attach special tag to the stem, and fill jar with your favorite treat or gift.
Golden Goose’s Kitchen: Apple Critters
- 2 slices of bread
- 1/2 green apple
- peanut butter
- string cheese
- 2 raisins
- 2 pieces of chive
- 1 medium sized circle cookie cutter
- Place string cheese in middle of plate. Lay chives under cheese to make antennas.
- Cut bread with round cookie cutter. With a grown-ups help, cut bread circles in half with knife to make dragonfly wings.
- Spread peanut butter on the bread. Cut green apple in half and slice into 4 pieces.
- Place apple slices on peanut butter to create dragonfly wings. Arrange wings next to string cheese. Use peanut butter as an adhesive for the raisin eyes!
Golden Goose’s Suggestions:
- Use a wooden skewer to stack green grapes or any other kind of fruit to make a dragonfly body.
- Use 2 toothpicks topped with raisins to make antennas instead of chives.
- If you don’t have cookie cutters, use a cup to cut out bread circles.
- Don’t forget to download your Golden Goose Kitchen recipe card!
-Say Hi, and Introduce Yourself to Someone New!-
Attention Heart of Gold Members!
It is time for all of us to gather together and spread some kindness around the world! As you can see, your Kindness challenge for August is: “Say Hi, and Introduce Yourself to Someone New!” This is so exciting because it is always fun to meet new friends. Especially with the new school year coming up, kids just like you are wanting to meet other kids who are nice and kind.
Maybe you aren’t sure how to find someone to say hi to. No worries! We can help! Keep your eye out for kids that look a little lonely or all by themselves. They might be too shy to say hi first. We know that your Heart of Gold will shine through and make their day brighter by simply saying hello and introducing yourself. Not only will you have spread kindness, but now you have made a new friend! Maybe one day they will be part of the Heart of Gold Club too!
Once you complete this challenge, be sure to write or draw about it on your journal page!
Back-to-School Word Search
Have some fun searching for everything “school!” Print off as many word search activity sheets as you want and have fun finding the words with your friends. Make sure if you or your friend(s) have a hard time finding a word that you work together to find them all.
The Heart of Gold Club loves teamwork!
August Journal Page
After you complete your challenge, be sure to download and print your August Journal Page! Write or draw how you completed your Kindness Challenge. Don’t forget to have a grown-up help you scan or photograph your journal page and send it to email@example.com
This will enter you into our Heart of Gold Sweepstakes for your chance to win all sorts of fun prizes!