Heart of Gold Club
Become a member of The Heart of Gold Club and enjoy a host of activities, cheerful messages, inspirations and aspirations sure to stimulate learning and achievement.
The Heart of Gold Club is designed to grow the imagination and inspire a heart of kindness and giving. Each month we will feature a craft project, kindness challenge, fun recipe, free printable activity, and a downloadable journal page. Our goal is to bring the family together for quality time and also help build creative minds and strong characters within children.
Create keepsakes and cherished memories by joining the Heart of Gold Club! We want to encourage play-time and give kids the tools to develop a desire for giving and sharing with others. With our creative projects and challenges, we hope to inspire children to come up with their own creative ideas to give back and be kind to others.
With love & generosity we will live each day
May kindness be in every word we say
Whether we are young or old may we always have
A Heart of Gold
How It Works
Each month includes:
These projects are designed to get little hands moving and creating so that their imagination can come to life. Each month we will provide instructions on how to create a fun craft that may involve coloring, painting, upcycling, and much more! These projects are also meant to be shared! Whether creating it with a friend or turning it into a gift, our projects will encourage friendship and generosity.
Our tasty monthly recipe is designed to spark the five senses as the child creates something delicious:
- SEE the recipe and ingredients while learning about following instructions,
- TOUCH and feel the ingredients as they pour and stir up something yummy,
- SMELL the wonderful scent of sugar, spice, and everything nice,
- HEAR the timer buzz as they feel the joy of accomplishing a recipe,
- TASTE and enjoy the creation they have just made!
A call to action to discover new ways to be generous, kind, and excited about giving back. We have created simple and fun challenges for any child to accomplish and pay it forward.
The free printable journal page is designed to chronicle your child’s experiences in the Heart of Gold Club. Be sure to save your journal pages to look back and see the growth, creativity, and lessons learned throughout the year.
Scan and email your child’s monthly journal page to be entered to win our end-of-the-year grand prize! (one entry, per child, per month)
Submit your Journal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Play.Create.Grow.® reserves the right to use any journal submission on its website and social media pages.
Welcome to 2016 Heart of Gold Club members! Play.Create.Grow. had a wonderful 2015, but we are very excited about the New Year ahead! For January’s craft we will be celebrating family memories as we create a Memory Jar. Design this jar with fun stickers and paint (you can even recreate our fun beach theme jar!) and place a stack of small papers next to it. Put the jar somewhere in the house that everyone is always by. Throughout the year, whenever something funny happens, you are proud of a family member, or something marvelously happy happens to you…write it down and place it in the memory jar. Fill up the jar during 2016 and then on next New Years Eve, sit down with your family and read all the wonderful things the year held for you. Remember to tag us in your photos on Facebook when you make your Heart of Gold projects!
- 1 – Large glass jar 5” x 9” (or any large sized jar)
- 2 – Packages sea designed Recollections™ Dimensional Stickers
- 1 – Tulip blue dimensional paint
- 1 – 3” x 30” piece of fish net
- 1 – Wooden sign that says “Family”
- 1 – Blue acrylic paint and paint brush
- 1 – 14” piece of twin
- Seashells and glass marbles (to lie inside jar)
- Blue and green colored paper strips
- Apply stickers around glass jar.
- Use blue Tulip paint and create water waves around fish and sea animals. Let paint dry.
- Wrap fishnet and tie around top of jar.
- Paint wooden “Family” sign with blue acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Attach sign with twine and tie around top of jar.
- Fill bottom of jar with a few seashells and glass marbles.
- The family can now write their kindness thoughts or special memories on slips of paper to discuss throughout the year.
Ocean Spray® Cran-Orange Bread
This month we have a delicious recipe that we enjoy eating here at our office. We thought we would share this easy to make Ocean Spray Cranberry Orange Bread with our Heart of Gold members, so you can make a loaf or two and share with a friend. Baking is a great way to show someone you care. Maybe you have never baked bread before. That is okay! Try making it with a friend or a parent that can show you all the tricks in the kitchen. Now you are not only making something delicious to share with family and friends but you are also leaning something new! Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 2 tbsp shortening
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Ocean Spray® Fresh or
- Frozen Cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Wrap and store overnight.
Golden Goose’s Suggestions
If you don’t have shortening, you can use butter.
Tastes even better the next day!
Since it is January and a New Year, often times people make a list of resolutions- or goals that they want to accomplish in the year. We want to challenge our Heart of Gold Members to think of 3 ways to be kind to someone in 2016. You can write down old ways you have shown kindness, but if you can think of 3 new ways that’s even better! Once you come up with your ideas write them on the Downloadable Activity Sheet for this month.
Have you checked out January’s challenge yet? Once you have downloaded the Activity and written down your 3 Kindness Goals, decorate it, and post it somewhere you will see it everyday. Throughout 2016, try your best to show those 3 acts of kindness. You can even make it a game and see how many times in the year you can accomplish your goals!
After you complete your challenge, be sure to download and print your September Journal Page! Write or draw how you completed your Kindness Challenge.
Don’t forget to have a grown-up help you scan or photograph your journal page and send it to:
This will enter you into our Heart of Gold Sweepstakes for your chance to win all sorts of fun prizes!