Heart of Gold Club
Become a member of The Heart of Gold Club and enjoy a host of activities, cheerful messages, inspirations and aspirations sure to stimulate learning and achievement.
The Heart of Gold Club is designed to grow the imagination and inspire a heart of kindness and giving. Each month we will feature a craft project, kindness challenge, fun recipe, free printable activity, and a downloadable journal page. Our goal is to bring the family together for quality time and also help build creative minds and strong characters within children.
Create keepsakes and cherished memories by joining the Heart of Gold Club! We want to encourage play-time and give kids the tools to develop a desire for giving and sharing with others. With our creative projects and challenges, we hope to inspire children to come up with their own creative ideas to give back and be kind to others.
With love & generosity we will live each day
May kindness be in every word we say
Whether we are young or old may we always have
A Heart of Gold
How It Works
Each month includes:
These projects are designed to get little hands moving and creating so that their imagination can come to life. Each month we will provide instructions on how to create a fun craft that may involve coloring, painting, upcycling, and much more! These projects are also meant to be shared! Whether creating it with a friend or turning it into a gift, our projects will encourage friendship and generosity.
Our tasty monthly recipe is designed to spark the five senses as the child creates something delicious:
- SEE the recipe and ingredients while learning about following instructions,
- TOUCH and feel the ingredients as they pour and stir up something yummy,
- SMELL the wonderful scent of sugar, spice, and everything nice,
- HEAR the timer buzz as they feel the joy of accomplishing a recipe,
- TASTE and enjoy the creation they have just made!
A call to action to discover new ways to be generous, kind, and excited about giving back. We have created simple and fun challenges for any child to accomplish and pay it forward.
The free printable journal page is designed to chronicle your child’s experiences in the Heart of Gold Club. Be sure to save your journal pages to look back and see the growth, creativity, and lessons learned throughout the year.
Scan and email your child’s monthly journal page to be entered to win our end-of-the-year grand prize! (one entry, per child, per month)
Submit your Journal to email@example.com
Play.Create.Grow.® reserves the right to use any journal submission on its website and social media pages.
Hello Heart of Gold Club members! We hope you had a great Easter. April is finally here and we have some awesome club activities for you to participate in. Our craft this month is super easy but fun to create, and it is the perfect decoration to put outside or even in your bedroom. This month we are showing you how to create a windsock using curling ribbon and the lid of a mason jar! Since April showers also bring plenty of wind, it is the perfect time to put out your homemade windsock and watch it fly in the air. Don’t forget that you can use any colors that you would like. Maybe you can use your school colors, or even your favorite sports team-the possibilities are endless! So grab a friend and work together on making the most fabulous windsocks ever.
- 1 – ¾” Mason jar lid (or 3” metal ring
- Curling Ribbon – 27 pieces, 45” in length folded in half. (Use colors of choice)
- 3 – Pipe cleaners
- Slide folded ribbon through underside of lid.
- Pull ribbon strands all the way through the folded loop.
- Pull ribbon strands downwards to tighten ribbon to lid.
- Pull tightly to hold ribbons in place.
- Continue with this step until all ribbon has been placed around lid.
- Attach 3 pipe cleaners evenly around ring and twist pipe cleaners to hold to lid. Gather pipe cleaners to center and trim two of your pipe cleaners. Wrap your shorter pieces around long pipe cleaner. Make a hanging loop with the longer pipe cleaner and twist to hold. Cut excess pipe cleaner.
Funfetti Cake Batter Dip
This month we have an amazing recipe brought to you by Six Sisters’ Stuff! Not only is it delicious, but it is colorful and fun for any occasion. Grab a couple of your friends and whip up this yummy Funfetti Cake Batter Dip! Here, the dip is served with Nilla Wafers, but get creative with different items to dip. Use pretzels for a sweet and salty combination, or cut up your favorite fruit and try that. Whatever your creation, it is sure to be delicious.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box funfetti cake mix
- 2 cups fat free, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup lite Cool Whip
- Sprinkles, for garnish (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Keep refrigerated until serving. Serve with graham crackers or Nilla wafers.
Take it to the bank!
It is time for our April Heart of Gold Challenge! This month, we thought it would be a great idea to visit your local food bank and drop off can of food that you have collected. It is a wonderful experience to be able to help your local community and help feed those who are hungry. Maybe you can spend the month collecting cans of food, or your take a few cans over that you already have. Or you can get together with friends and make it a competition to see who can gather the most cans of food and then take them to the food bank together! Whatever you decide, your kindness will definitely be appreciated.
It's a match!
This month we have a fun activity for you…a Matching Game! Download then print the matching cards and then cut them out. Place them face down and then try and find each card’s match. Don’t forget to grab a friend to play with you, or your brother or sister! Because being kind is always fun!
After you complete your challenge, be sure to download and print your April Journal Page! Write or draw how you completed your Kindness Challenge.
Don’t forget to have a grown-up help you scan or photograph your journal page and send it to:
This will enter you into our Heart of Gold Sweepstakes for your chance to win all sorts of fun prizes!