Heart of Gold Club
Become a member of The Heart of Gold Club and enjoy a host of activities, cheerful messages, inspirations and aspirations sure to stimulate learning and achievement.
The Heart of Gold Club is designed to grow the imagination and inspire a heart of kindness and giving. Each month we will feature a craft project, kindness challenge, fun recipe, free printable activity, and a downloadable journal page. Our goal is to bring the family together for quality time and also help build creative minds and strong characters within children.
Create keepsakes and cherished memories by joining the Heart of Gold Club! We want to encourage play-time and give kids the tools to develop a desire for giving and sharing with others. With our creative projects and challenges, we hope to inspire children to come up with their own creative ideas to give back and be kind to others.
With love & generosity we will live each day
May kindness be in every word we say
Whether we are young or old may we always have
A Heart of Gold
How It Works
Each month includes:
These projects are designed to get little hands moving and creating so that their imagination can come to life. Each month we will provide instructions on how to create a fun craft that may involve coloring, painting, upcycling, and much more! These projects are also meant to be shared! Whether creating it with a friend or turning it into a gift, our projects will encourage friendship and generosity.
Our tasty monthly recipe is designed to spark the five senses as the child creates something delicious:
- SEE the recipe and ingredients while learning about following instructions,
- TOUCH and feel the ingredients as they pour and stir up something yummy,
- SMELL the wonderful scent of sugar, spice, and everything nice,
- HEAR the timer buzz as they feel the joy of accomplishing a recipe,
- TASTE and enjoy the creation they have just made!
A call to action to discover new ways to be generous, kind, and excited about giving back. We have created simple and fun challenges for any child to accomplish and pay it forward.
The free printable journal page is designed to chronicle your child’s experiences in the Heart of Gold Club. Be sure to save your journal pages to look back and see the growth, creativity, and lessons learned throughout the year.
Scan and email your child’s monthly journal page to be entered to win our end-of-the-year grand prize! (one entry, per child, per month)
Submit your Journal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Play.Create.Grow.® reserves the right to use any journal submission on its website and social media pages.
Gum Love Arrows
Happy Valentine’s Day, Month Heart of Gold Club members! We have some awesome projects and activities for you and your friends to complete! The craft for February is a fun and easy project that you can create for yourself of for your family and friends in place of Valentine’s Day cards! These “Gum Love Arrows” are both colorful and inexpensive, and the perfect way to show the people closest to you how much you care! Because the month of February is all about love, we at the Heart of Gold Club think it is the perfect opportunity to show kindness and love to the most people that we can. We hope you enjoy making these chewy Gum Love Arrows. Remember that you do not have to do this craft all by yourself. Invite a sibling, friend or parent to join in on the lovely fun!
- Wooden Skewers
- Extra Bubble Gum
- Big Red Gum
- Chocolate hearts
- Washi Tape
(Gum packs and chocolate hearts can be purchased at your local Dollar Tree Store)
- Add the gum to the skewer by making a hole in one end of the gum with the skewer tip first.
- Turn the gum package and push the skewer through the gum and through the hole that was made first. Slide the gum to the middle of the skewer.
- Fold the Washi tape together opposite ways up and down on the top of your skewer. Use scissors to clip them. Cut narrow clips in toward the middle of the skewer.
- For the tip of the arrow, just slowly screw the pointed skewer tip into the crook of the chocolate heart.
(You can also use Hershey Kisses, unwrapped sugar jelly hearts, or non-edible glittered foam hearts)
When we think about February we think of words like love, hearts, and delicious treats! This month’s recipe is a yummy twist on the ooey, gooey classics Rice Krispies Treats! Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut these marshmallow desserts into the most delicious way to say I love you. The fun doesn’t stop there! Grab your favorite Valentine’s Day sprinkles to bring a pop of color to your sweet treats. Once you’re done, maybe you can share with your friends at lunch time, or even bring a plate to your teacher! Just remember, the key ingredient to making these extra tasty is LOVE.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- Red food coloring
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Nestle® Toll House® milk chocolate morsels
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in food coloring. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using butter spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly.
- Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into heart shapes.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate or add sprinkles!
Golden Goose’s Suggestions:
- For the chocolate drizzle, melt 1 cup of morsels in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time. Remember to stir after each 30-second period! Then, spoon the melted chocolated into a Ziplock® sandwich bag and cut a small piece of the corner. Then drizzle! You may also use white chocolate chips for a white drizzle, or add food coloring to make a pink or red chocolate drizzle!
Life's Little Treasures
It’s that time again Heart of Gold Members! Your monthly challenge! The challenge for February is: find a flower or treasure and give it to a friend. Whatever you decide to give, remember that the most special gift of all is that you took the time to find the perfect flower or treasure. When you have love and kindness in your heart, you are capable of completing any challenge thrown your way!
This month we have a very fun activity for you! We believe that February is the perfect opportunity to show the people you love how much you care. And what better way to do that than creating an awesome coupon book filled with redeemable actions that will help someone out around the house, or make them feel extra loved! The coupons can be things like “1 Hug,” “1 Night of Washing the Dishes… and No Complaining” or “You Pick!” Whatever you decide it is we encourage you to color and write each coupon out from your heart! We have provided the cover for your coupon book so all you have to do is color it and place it on top of your coupons and staple. We would love to see your coupons once you’re done! Don’t forget to tag us on Facebook!
After you complete your challenge, be sure to download and print your September Journal Page! Write or draw how you completed your Kindness Challenge.
Don’t forget to have a grown-up help you scan or photograph your journal page and send it to:
This will enter you into our Heart of Gold Sweepstakes for your chance to win all sorts of fun prizes!