Heart of Gold Club
Become a member of The Heart of Gold Club and enjoy a host of activities, cheerful messages, inspirations and aspirations sure to stimulate learning and achievement.
The Heart of Gold Club is designed to grow the imagination and inspire a heart of kindness and giving. Each month we will feature a craft project, kindness challenge, fun recipe, free printable activity, and a downloadable journal page. Our goal is to bring the family together for quality time and also help build creative minds and strong characters within children.
Create keepsakes and cherished memories by joining the Heart of Gold Club! We want to encourage play-time and give kids the tools to develop a desire for giving and sharing with others. With our creative projects and challenges, we hope to inspire children to come up with their own creative ideas to give back and be kind to others.
With love & generosity we will live each day
May kindness be in every word we say
Whether we are young or old may we always have
A Heart of Gold
How It Works
Each month includes:
These projects are designed to get little hands moving and creating so that their imagination can come to life. Each month we will provide instructions on how to create a fun craft that may involve coloring, painting, upcycling, and much more! These projects are also meant to be shared! Whether creating it with a friend or turning it into a gift, our projects will encourage friendship and generosity.
Our tasty monthly recipe is designed to spark the five senses as the child creates something delicious:
- SEE the recipe and ingredients while learning about following instructions,
- TOUCH and feel the ingredients as they pour and stir up something yummy,
- SMELL the wonderful scent of sugar, spice, and everything nice,
- HEAR the timer buzz as they feel the joy of accomplishing a recipe,
- TASTE and enjoy the creation they have just made!
A call to action to discover new ways to be generous, kind, and excited about giving back. We have created simple and fun challenges for any child to accomplish and pay it forward.
The free printable journal page is designed to chronicle your child’s experiences in the Heart of Gold Club. Be sure to save your journal pages to look back and see the growth, creativity, and lessons learned throughout the year.
Scan and email your child’s monthly journal page to be entered to win our end-of-the-year grand prize! (one entry, per child, per month)
Submit your Journal to email@example.com
Play.Create.Grow.® reserves the right to use any journal submission on its website and social media pages.
- Small wood bird house
- Acrylic paint and paintbrush
- 2 – Jumbo craft sticks
- Creamy peanut butter
- Spreading knife
- Bird seed
- Paint jumbo craft sticks and edges of bird house with acrylic paint. Leave roof and front sides of bird house unpainted. Let dry.
- Glue craft sticks to underside of bird house.
- Spread peanut butter to sides and roof to wooden bird house.
- Pour bird seed to peanut butter. Pat bird seed with finger into peanut butter for secure hold.
- Your bird house feeder is now ready to hang, for all the birds to enjoy.
Strawberry Pizza Pie
We have the perfect summer dessert for you: Strawberry Pizza Pie! This deliciously easy recipe is a sweet treat for everyone to enjoy! Whether it’s a summer dinner party or an afternoon by the pool, your family and friends are sure to love this fruit-filled dessert.
2 cups flour
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 – 8oz cream cheese
1 cup sugar
Marie’s Strawberry glaze
Strawberries 2 baskets
- Mix together the flour, butter & powdered sugar in a mixer until it makes a dough. Spread it out on a round pizza pan (Use parchment paper to avoid sticking)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until lightly golden brown. Cool
- Blend together the cream cheese and sugar until creamy and spread on the cooled crust.
- Spread Marie’s Strawberry glaze on top of the cream cheese
- Cut the strawberries in slices and arrange on top of the glaze
See how fast you can do this fun summer word search! Try racing your fiends as you discover all the different words hidden in the puzzle.
After you complete your challenge, be sure to download and print your June Journal Page! Write or draw how you completed your Kindness Challenge.
Don’t forget to have a grown-up help you scan or photograph your journal page and send it to:
This will enter you into our Heart of Gold Sweepstakes for your chance to win all sorts of fun prizes!