Create your very own Character Plates for your parties or Easter Sunday gathering!
A simple charger plate can be transformed into a whimsical Easter Bunny Plate, a Frog Plate or a Blue Bird Plate!
With just a few simple supplies, what Character Plate will you create?
Hello, my creative friends!
Take a look at what we are creating today.
These creative, kid-friendly Character Plates will transform your Spring and Easter Decor!
And guess what? Use these whimsical plates to dress up any day of the week.
Here are a few samples to get you started.
- 1 pink glittered craft foam sheet
- 1 white craft foam sheet
- 4 pink pipe cleaners
- 1 pink 1″ pom pom
- 1 1/2″ wiggle eyes (2)
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Bunny Pattern Sheet (download it below)
- Cut out the bunny parts from the Bunny Pattern supplied below.
- Trace and cut out the ears and the feet from the white craft foam. Trace and cut out the inner part of the bunny ears and feet from the glitter pink craft foam. Glue the pink craft foam pieces to the white craft foam
- Glue the ears and feet to the charger plate and let dry.
- Glue 2 large wiggle eyes to charger plate.
- Gather 3 pipe cleaners in the middle to make bunny whiskers. Glue under eyes.
- Create a bunny mouth with a small piece of pipe cleaner. Glue onto the plate.
- Glue one pink pom pom to the center of the gathered whiskers.
- Let the glue dry.
Set a clear glass plate on top of the Character Plate and you will have a fun reminder of spring to use at meal times!
If you are creating a Frog Charger Plate, use 2 different colors of green craft foam and cut out frog pieces from the pattern sheet found below.
Glue wiggle eyes and Aleene’s Green Dimensional Paint to embellish your frog’s feet and hands.
To create the springtime Blue Bird Charger Plate, use two different colors of blue craft foam for the wings and plume and two shades of brown craft foam for beak and feet.
Cut out the Blue Bird Patterns found below and outline onto the foam with a black felt marking pen.
Glue the foam onto the plate and add blue feathers to give the final touch to your pretty blue bird.
The free patterns for each of these whimsical Character Plates can be downloaded below.