“Be My Valentine” Rice Crispy Treats:
– 10 ounce package regular marshmallows
– 6 cups rice cereal
– 3 tablespoons butter
– red food coloring
– 2 heart-shaped cookie cutters, one large and one small
How to Make Them:
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Once melted, add marshmallows and stir with a wooden spoon until fully melted.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the rice cereal until completely coated.
3. Divide the mix in half, adding red food coloring to one half.
4. Line a 13″ x 9″ pan with parchment paper or foil. Press mixture into pan, trying not to mix colors.
5. Let the mixture cool, then use cookie cutters to cut out a variety of sizes and colors.
6. Lay a mini white heart on top of a large red heart or visa versa. Wrap individual treats in small treat bags and use a bit of red twine to tie the bags closed.
The perfect classroom gift!