If you are signed up to bring any treats to your Easter celebrations and want to get your little ones involved in the kitchen, here is a delicious and easy, Easter recipe to try.
Make these charming Easter Jelly Bean Nests for a school party, potluck, or Easter Day.
What You’ll Need:
4 cups of chow mein noodles
1/2 cup of corn syrup
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 cup of peanut butter (I used smooth for this recipe)
1 full-size bag of jelly beans
1. Let the little ones crush the chow mein noodles into smaller pieces. Place the noodles in a zip lock bag, seal, and let them use their fingers or the back of a spoon to break down the noodles. Just keep watch and take care that they don’t turn into flour. Set aside.
2. Make sure an adult supervises this next step. Melt the corn syrup and the sugar in a large saucepan over low to medium heat.
3. Watch for little bubbles to appear at the edge of the saucepan. When that happens, add the peanut butter and stir until smoothly incorporated.
4. Remove from heat and gently fold in the noodles.
5. Allow the mixture to cool slightly (test carefully before proceeding) and then, coating your hands with butter, take several large spoonfuls into your hands. Form a ball and let the kids use their thumbs to make indentations in the center to create a “nest.”
6. Press jelly beans down into the “nest” while the mixture is still a little warm. Cool completely before eating.