Looking for a creative gift idea for Valentine’s day? This heart-shaped ice block is a fun way to show your love, while gaining some smiles as well!
What you’ll need:
1. A heart-shaped bowl or pan
3. Non-stick spray
4. Red food coloring
5. Confetti (or anything else you’d like to place in the ice)
6. A gift to place inside! (I used a movie theater gift card)
What to do:
2. Fill up the heart-shaped bowl or pan with water. It can be any size you want! Just remember, the bigger it is, the longer it takes to freeze….and to melt!
5. Place a gift inside the water (in a Ziploc). I used a gift card to a movie theater placed inside a plastic bag. If you don’t want your gift floating at the top, place a couple of coins in the bag to weigh it down. Another gift idea could be a scavenger hunt to meet you at your date spot later in the day!
6. Freeze for at least 24 hours.
7. When ready to gift to your loved one, gently flip the pan upside down over some plastic saran wrap. Gently tap on the bottom of the pan to ease the ice out. Once out, gather the saran wrap around the ice and tie with ribbon to secure.
8. Attach a cute card or tag!
There you have it! A creative, unforgettable Valentine’s Day gift!