Did you catch Doug Alves’ 4th of July creations on Great Day KMPH?
Below are the fun and festive foods that were featured on Great Day. These simple, yet delicious recipes are great for your upcoming 4th of July gathering!
Patriotic Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
- 12 large strawberries
- 4 oz. of white chocolate or white candy coating
- 1/4 cup of blue sprinkles
1. Wash strawberries and allow to dry completely. Place blue sprinkles in a small bowl.
2. Melt the white chocolate in a microwave. Stir every 30 seconds to prevent chocolate from scorching.
3. Grab a strawberry by the stem and dip it about 2/3 of the way into the white chocolate. Be sure to leave a red portion at the top of the strawberry visible to create a red, white, and blue look. Place the strawberry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all strawberries are dipped. Briefly refrigerate to set the chocolate, about 5 minutes.
4. Dip the bottom third of a strawberry in the white chocolate and immediately roll it in the blue sprinkles until the bottom third is covered in blue. Repeat until all of the berries have a bottom layer of blue sprinkles.
5. Refrigerate the tray of strawberries until the white chocolate is completely set. Store strawberries in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Brownie & Fruit Kebabs
- Brownies (chilled and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 pint blueberries, washed
- 1 pint strawberries, washed and hulled
- Large marshmallows
- Wooden skewers
Alternate threading brownies, fruit, and marshmallows onto wooden skewers. Refrigerate until ready to serve.