Heart of Gold Club
Become a member of The Heart of Gold Club and enjoy a host of activities, cheerful messages, inspirations and aspirations sure to stimulate learning and achievement.
The Heart of Gold Club is designed to grow the imagination and inspire a heart of kindness and giving. Each month we will feature a craft project, kindness challenge, fun recipe, free printable activity, and a downloadable journal page. Our goal is to bring the family together for quality time and also help build creative minds and strong characters within children.
Create keepsakes and cherished memories by joining the Heart of Gold Club! We want to encourage play-time and give kids the tools to develop a desire for giving and sharing with others. With our creative projects and challenges, we hope to inspire children to come up with their own creative ideas to give back and be kind to others.
With love & generosity we will live each day
May kindness be in every word we say
Whether we are young or old may we always have
A Heart of Gold
How It Works
Each month includes:
These projects are designed to get little hands moving and creating so that their imagination can come to life. Each month we will provide instructions on how to create a fun craft that may involve coloring, painting, upcycling, and much more! These projects are also meant to be shared! Whether creating it with a friend or turning it into a gift, our projects will encourage friendship and generosity.
Our tasty monthly recipe is designed to spark the five senses as the child creates something delicious:
- SEE the recipe and ingredients while learning about following instructions,
- TOUCH and feel the ingredients as they pour and stir up something yummy,
- SMELL the wonderful scent of sugar, spice, and everything nice,
- HEAR the timer buzz as they feel the joy of accomplishing a recipe,
- TASTE and enjoy the creation they have just made!
A call to action to discover new ways to be generous, kind, and excited about giving back. We have created simple and fun challenges for any child to accomplish and pay it forward.
The free printable journal page is designed to chronicle your child’s experiences in the Heart of Gold Club. Be sure to save your journal pages to look back and see the growth, creativity, and lessons learned throughout the year.
Scan and email your child’s monthly journal page to be entered to win our end-of-the-year grand prize! (one entry, per child, per month)
Submit your Journal to email@example.com
Play.Create.Grow.® reserves the right to use any journal submission on its website and social media pages.
Hello Heart of Gold members! May is finally here and we have some fun activities for you to enjoy. This month is Monster May! But don’t worry…they aren’t the scary kind of monsters! Only funny, silly monsters are allowed around here. For this month’s project, we are showing you how to make Monster Rocks Tic-Tac-Toe! Not only is it fun to make, it is also inexpensive and also a great reason to go outside and explore so you can find your game-rocks. Don’t forget to show off your heart of gold and invite someone to come play Monster Tic-Tac-Toe with you.
- 10 medium sized rocks
- 2 Patio and Garden Acrylic Paints (choice of colors. Can also use spray paints)
- Black and White Patio and Garden Acrylic paint and paint brush
- Medium point black Sharpie pen
- Assorted size wiggle eyes
- Assorted size pom poms
- E6000 glue
- ¾” black crafting tape
- Paint 5 medium rocks with green paint and 5 medium rocks with lavender paint. Let paint dry.
- Decorate Monster Rocks with acrylic paints, a variety of sizes and colors of pom poms and wiggle eyes, and a black Sharpie pen for detail on your monster rocks.
- Carefully use E6000 glue for a strong hold.
- Recycle an old shoe box or paper mâché box to hold your rocks. Use ¾” black crafting tape to the top of your decorated box for playing Tic Tac Toe.
We have a delicious recipe for you this month. MONSTER BROWNIES! Just pick out your favorite brownie recipe (even a boxed mix will work!) and then create your silly monster faces with different candies and frostings! Don’t forget to tag us in your photos so we can see just how silly your monster brownies are.
- 1 box brownie mix (or purchase pre-made brownies)
- Chocolate frosting
- Small and large Wilton Candy Eyes
- Mini Oreo cookies
- Assorted candies: bubble gum, Sixlets, Mini M & M’s, etc.
- Assorted colored frosting
- Prepare Brownies as instructed on box. Cool brownies before decorating.
- Cut brownies into different size squares and use cookie cutters for a variety of brownie shapes.
- Use chocolate frosting or tubed frosting to place eyes to brownies.
- Have fun and be creative in decorating your Brownie Monsters by using a variety of colored tubed frostings, small edible cookies and candies.
Golden Goose’s Suggestions:
- Add food coloring to white frosting for more colors!
- Fill frosting in empty tubes or Zip Lock bags for piping.
- Create more monster faces by purchasing Little Debbie’s Marshmallow Pies and decorate them like your monster brownies.
Heart of Gold Members it is time for your Monthly Challenge! Did you know that smiling is one of the best ways to cheer someone up? Laughter and happiness is a great way to lift someones spirits when their sad, or if they just need a good laugh. That is why this month’s challenge is “Learn a new joke and make someone smile.” We can’t wait to hear about what jokes you learned! Remember, as Heart of Gold Members it is our job to spread kindness wherever we go. You are all doing such a great job and we are so proud of you!
Enjoy coloring these funny monsters! Remember, you can use all sorts of things to decorate them. Use google eyes, pom poms and yarn to make them extra silly!
After you complete your challenge, be sure to download and print your May Journal Page! Write or draw how you completed your Kindness Challenge.
Don’t forget to have a grown-up help you scan or photograph your journal page and send it to:
This will enter you into our Heart of Gold Sweepstakes for your chance to win all sorts of fun prizes!