This Juicy Fruit Airplane Tutorial will show you how to make a fun and delicious candy airplane. Grab those packs of gum and make this Candy Air Tractor!
Perfect as an Airplane Party Favor or simply create to give as a unique and whimsical classroom gift!
Today I am showing you how to make this “Juicy Fruit and Starburst Crop Duster Airplane”.
Kids will have a blast creating this easy-to-make airplane.
The airplane also makes a great project for a
Kids’ Birthday Party Craft.
Everyone will be able to make this craft at the party and take it home with them when they leave. A fun and whimsical Airplane Themed Party Favor.
- 5 – Juicy Fruit gum packs
- 9 – Starburst yellow candies (wrapped)
- 1 – Stick of hard candy (wrapped)
- 4 – Yellow hard candies (wrapped)
- 2 – ¾” x 6” Popsicle stick
- 1 – 1” x 1” yellow piece of craft foam
- Tacky Glue or Low Melt Glue Gun
1. Glue two packs of gum to both Popsicle sticks.
2. On one of the Popsicle sticks, glue 1 more pack of gum to the end of the stick. Glue 1 piece of Starburst candy to the center of the top gum pack. (The picture below will show you just how to do this step.)
3. Glue 2 Starburst candies to the top front of the back end of your first piece of gum to create the cab to your airplane. (See the first picture on the left below.) Let the glue dry.
4. On the other Popsicle stick, glue 3 Starburst candies to the underside of the stick to create your plane’s wheels. (Look at the middle picture below to guide you.)
5. Glue 4 hard candies onto the Popsicle stick, placing 2 on either side of your Starburst wheels. Glue the stick candy to the other side of your hard candy to create your plane’s sprayer. (Glue the stick candy to the wrappers of the hard candies for stability.) Let the glue dry. (Look at the third photo on the right below to see how I did this step.)
6. Glue popsicle sticks together to create your airplane.
7. Glue three Starburst candies to your small piece of craft foam to create your plane’s propeller. Glue the craft foam side of the propeller to the front end of the plane. Let the glue dry.
Now you have finished making your very own
Juicy Fruit Gum Airplane.
Back in February I also created a
Candy Bar Airplane
Feel free to take a look at that blog post.
It’s another great way to create an edible airplane from candy.
These projects make fantastic Airplane Themed Party Favors or Classroom Projects.